Thursday 17 March 2011

What does £1000 mean to you?

For some of you reading this blog £1000 means a months wages, for some its a holiday, petrol for a few months,  I am sure you can think of loads of things you could think of spending £1000 on.
For me right now £1000 means the world, it means that there are a lot of people out there who taken time to take a look at our story and think I am worthy of sponsoring.

Running 5K is not a difficult thing to do, it takes a few months training and a lot of determination but on the whole is no big deal.  The messages of support have been phenomenal (get me spelling a big word!!) if im feeling down or lacking in motivation I sit and read them all, every single message and I smile because I have such lovely friends, so many people behind me, behind us, who have been there through every step of the journey.  Some people I have known for years, some people I have met along the way, some with their own stories to tell, both happy and sad, yet each of those people have given their support which in my book makes them the inspirational ones.

Friendship is a very special and amazing thing and sometimes it takes something bad to make you realise there is so much good in the world.  So thank you to each and every one of you amazing people who have sponsored me and taken the time to leave a lovely message of support.

It has taken me 2 months to reach £1000 sponsorship so lets run this race and kick cancer up the arse!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment